We are disheartened by the thought that someone would be kept from the Gospel and Christ because of a stumbling block. So, at Happiness Seekers, we do everything we can to give people the tools they need to clear stumbling blocks out of their path, thereby making it easier to serve God (if they so desire).
We are addressing stumbling blocks in the following ways:
Addressing Faith & Doubt:
1) Defend the Restored Gospel with reasoned arguments. Of course, reason and logic are not sufficient to convince anyone of spiritual truths. But if you have been convinced that believing in the story of the Restoration is akin to believing in unicorns or believing in a fraud, it can become necessary to offset logical arguments opposing the Church with the logical arguments which support it. In some cases, it is only then that a person regains the ability to exercise that particle of faith.
2) Rebut arguments against the Book of Mormon and the Restoration and exposing untruths and exaggerations, particularly those which have gone unchecked.
3) Expose members to scholarship on the Book of Mormon which seriously complicates any allegation that Joseph Smith did not represent himself truthfully.
Supporting Moms facing Anxiety and Depression
1.Provide perspectives on how Moms who have experienced anxiety and depression learned to thrive and love what they do.
2. Provide resources for kids activities and stimulating early learning and growth in toddlers.
1. Promote an atmosphere of open discussion of pornography by tempering the narrative of shame that youth experience surrounding pornography.
2. Provide new and varied tools for overcoming pornography compulsion.
3. Expose individuals to the stories of porn users (young and old) and those affected by a loved one’s pornography addiction.
Better Understanding Same Sex Attraction
1. Support the Church’s two pronged position: 1) individuals should not feel ashamed for experiencing same-sex attraction, and 2) relations outside of marriage are contrary to the will of God.
2. Provide access to the stories of faithful Latter-day Saints who have experienced same-gender attraction to increase understanding of the SSA experience and the different ways that faithful Latter-day Saints might respond to it.
Promoting Healthy Living
1. Provide tools that empower individuals to live healthier lives (thereby increasing quality of life and ability to serve later on in life).
1. Provide reasoned arguments in support of the Church’s position on the family, gender differences, and traditional marriage.
2. Highlight ways in which the Church has sought to eliminate gender and orientation differences that were based more on culture than on doctrine (and how we can do the same).